Martindale-Hubbell has announced that F. Gant McCloud has received its AV Preeminent® rating. The AV Preeminent rating is the highest rating awarded by Martindale-Hubbell:
“AV Preeminent® is a significant rating accomplishment – a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.”
Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories: General Ethical Standards and Legal Ability. The General Ethical Standards rating denotes adherence to professional standards of conduct and ethics, reliability, diligence and other criteria relevant to the discharge of professional responsibilities. Legal Ability ratings are based on performance in five key areas:
- Legal Knowledge – The attorney’s familiarity with the laws governing his specific area of practice.
- Analytical Capabilities – The attorney’s creativity in analyzing legal issues and applying technical knowledge.
- Judgment – The attorney’s demonstration of the salient factors that drive the outcome of a given case or issue.
- Communication Ability – The attorney’s capability to communicate persuasively and credibly.
- Legal Experience – The attorney’s degree of experience in his specific area of practice.